On October 1, in TASS it will be held a press conference of the First Vladimir Krainev Moscow International Piano Competition.
The event is linked to the International Day of Music and the start of the qualifying stage, which will feature pianists up to 18 years. The final stages of the competition will be held next year and will end on April 1 – the day of birth of the outstanding Russian pianist and professor Vladimir Krainev (1944-2011).
The press conference will be attended by:
– Leonid Pechatnikov, Deputy Mayor, Honorary Chairman of the Presidium of the Organizing Committee of the Competition;
– Sergei Kapkov, Minister of the Government of Moscow, Head of the Moscow Department of Culture and President of the Organizing Committee of the Competition;
– Vladimir Tolstoy, Presidential Advisor, member of the Presidium of the Competition;
– Tatiana Tarasova, President of the Vladimir Krainev Charitable Foundation for young pianists, member of the Presidium of the Competition, widow of maestro Krainev;
– Vladimir Spivakov, People’s Artist of the USSR, President of the Moscow International Performing Arts Center, member of the Presidium of the Competition, President of the Vladimir Spivakov International Charity Foundation;
– Alexander Romanovsky, Honorary academician of Regia Accademia Filarmonica di Bologna, Artistic director and member of the Presidium of the Competition.
On the same day, will take place the official naming ceremony of Vladimir Krainev Art school №16 (time: 16:00, address: Moscow, Admiral Ushakov parkway, 11).
For more information: http://itar-tass.com/press/events/2199